Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Key




I cannot sleep because all I think about is you
and if I fall to my dreams all I dream about is you
why can I not let you leave me alone
set me free so I can roam
about the world - go where I want to go

I want to plant a new rose without thinking of the old
I want to feel the warmth of the sun, not the cold

I am afraid. I am afraid. I am afraid...to fall asleep
I cower in my cowardice to move on from what I could not keep
I can admit this to myself but the benefits I cannot reap
I am surrounded by love yet my heart continues to weep.

the ink pours out in a deranged mess, all over this sheet
queer they seem, scribbled out, as your eyes they meet
empty, is how I feel, like this pen squeezing out its meat
empty we'll both be, at the end of the sheet, after this feat.


a numbness settles in, trying to set me free
the voices speak, but they only speak to me
my thoughts start to clear and suddenly I see
that life has no meaning. That is the key.





No comments: